Follow that shuttle
Ran into Oskara who is vetting Gil, a human scoundrel
Tracked the shuttle to the star destroyer Devastator
They tailed the star destroyer to Rodia, where the shuttle with the tracking beacon flew down to an island
Gathered information about the island from Imik
avi used connections to get them into a hunt
flew down to a landing area with at least half a dozen other ships
Dinner on Oonta Island
headed to main hunting lodge and hear introduction from Goova
Avi looked for computer terminal that Mathus could use, saw one but his incidental eye contact was misinterpreted with a rough looking trandoshan
Gil intercepted the approaching trandoshan, chatting him up about the hunt, while Mathus finds out what he can on the computer
Gil found out that the Trandhoshan, Tesserak, is excited for a “special” hunt with much more cunning and capable prey
Mathus identified the location of the Ghest and the other creatures that will be hunted on the west side of the island. Found an encrypted file about the eastern side, which he broke through to find that the special game is released from three compounds.
Avi talked with Brin Mason who doesn’t plan to hunt,—he is a pilot who dropped off some cargo to the island
Goova encouraged everyone to get some rest before the hunt begins
Medical record privacy violations and peeping toms
Team checked out the infirmary, finding a small supply of baca
Mathus hacked another computer that held old medical records for Moxo who is commonly admitted there
Avi spotted a security patrol so they bailed
They walked by the barracks and pause to consider whether they’re peeping toms
Avi began looking in windows to find a map of the eastern part of the island from a distance while everyone else hid
Oskara’s hiding place left her partially exposed, which drew a whistle from a passing astromech droid
Avi found what he believes to be Moxo’s room, and passes that info, along with some details about wooing Rodians
Before approaching, they developed a cover story and ponder whether Moxo is a fan of “Say Anything”
Oskara headed to his window and was off her game, displaying the social grace of a bantha
They pauseed to consider their options, deciding to head east to find what they assume will be a prison cell holding Seng
To the East
The eastern side was not guarded, a switchback path led down to the swampy marsh, which Gil hung back at to watch for anyone coming (and to keep his clothes clean…)
The rest of the group proceeded along a path and comes to a clearing with a large tree with roots that are like a pedestal holding it off the ground, with the path leading under and past the tree
Lowhhrick climbed the tree to see if he can identify where they’re going, but can’t see through the foliage in the distance
As the team passed under the tree some Mynock attack the party
Avi tried to use Lowhhrick as cover, but instead was knocked clear of the tree and landed prone in the swamp where the Mynock swarmed him
They wanted to minimize blaster fire because of the noise, but Oskara fired her blaster carbine and connected with several of the annoying mynock.
Mathus charges his shock gloves, the makeshift bug zappers that they are, and goes slap-happy
Lowhhrick swung his vibro ax and pratfalls into the swampy water, enraging him even more, but splashing some mud up at the remaining few mynock, blinding them
Avi climbed out of the muck and fled, seizing the opportunity to get free, with Oskara following
Lowhhrick and Mathus wanted to finish them off. No mynock should be left to flap around in pathetic little circles after an attack.
Lowhhrick wound up his vibro ax and my-knocked the last couple out of the park
Meanwhile, atop the switchback
dissolve to Gil, who heard this commotion through his comlink and checked to make sure nobody else heard it
he found one ship where he could hear voices talking about the upcoming hunt, he took a bit of a risk getting a little closer, walking up a ship’s loading ramp…
dissolve back to the rest of the group who heard some laughter and applause after their encounter. The laughter of Kelko Doda, a grizzled looking Waquay
They followed Keklo to his home in the swamp and [exposition, exposition]
- Kelko was on the outs with Teemo the Hutt, paying careful attention to avoid bounty hunters. He has no idea why the imperial navy would have picked him up.
- Instead of being taken to an imperial prison, he was instead brought here to Oonta Island by a pilot named Brin and handed over to Moxo.
- Moxo sets up hunts for sentient beings on the eastern part of the island. The frequency of these hunts has increased recently.
- Moxo delights in all kinds of killing, and has no qualms for arranging unsportsbeinglike hunts or even the bloodsport that some of his clients seek. In fact, with the increased number of hunts the prisoners that Bring brings seem less and less like they’re legitimate threats to the empire.
- The “game” is held in 3 different prison cells on the lowland-side of the island. When the hunt begins, a signal is sent to each prison to release their prisoner.
- Kelko has seen dozens of prisoners be hunted and killed this way. They never survive. But Kelko did…by jumping off of a sheer cliff wall at an edge of the island and surviving the fall.
- Kelko mentions that one prison in particular holds the “prize” game and agrees to take the group there
Gil came-to after having been knocked out. His hands and feet bound, he was being dragged on a makeshift gurney by a not-too-bright looking Trandoshan. He convinced his captor that there’s been a mistake and that he should be freed.
The Trandoshan bought it and cut the rope off Gil’s hands and bent over to cut the rope from his ankles. Gil reached behind his back and found he still had his holdout blaster, which he pulled out and fired down at the Trandoshan…but missed! The Trandoshan popped up swinging his fists.
Gil started yelling “snake, snake” and pointed toward the snake he was supposedly shooting at. His story was met with a funny look, but ultimately the Trandoshan hurried along the path back toward his ship leaving Gil to his own.
Gil turned on his comlink to find the rest of his team, whom he met in some high ground of the swamp overlooking a prison compound.
Reunited, they caught up on what’s happened and chatted about some unanswered questions:
- why are imperial prisoners being brought here?
- why is the empire interested in this place?
- how are we going to get Seng and the other prisoners out of here
- is there a home-alone style series of traps that should be set out for the hunters?